Please keep in mind some basic rules that promote safety and courtesy at GNTO.
- At least two adults should be present when the site is in use.
- No smoking anywhere outside on GNTO grounds.
- No open flames are permitted anywhere inside the observatories.
- No fire in fire pit or grill if windy.
- No firearms or fireworks.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No music without the consent of others.
- No running.
- No climbing on roof.
- No unescorted guests.
- No disruptive behavior.
- No illegal activities.
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult to the upper level of the observatory.
- Please be careful on our stairs -- They are steep!
- This is a primitive site and appropriate clothing, including hiking boots, cold weather gear, etc., is strongly recommended.
- It is strongly recommended there be at least two drivers in any group visiting the observatory.
- This site is home to rattlesnakes, scorpions, centipedes and cacti.
- Please use your red light to avoid these hazards.